8.08.2011

Wedding Bling

TODAY'S MOTIVATION

My wedding and engagement ring. While I was pregnant with Maya my finger started to get so swelled up that it was very uncomfortable to wear my rings. Eventually I stopped wearing them and when I did put them on it was a big ordeal to get them off!



Well after she was born, the swelling stopped but I still was not in the habit of wearing them because I was washing my hands so much. Now, when I put them on, it is still uncomfortable and a pain to get off. Clearly my ring size has changed. I could blame this on the pregnancy, but in reality, even before I was pregnant the ring was getting tight. Hubby and I have known each other for thirteen years and have been married for five. It would be a shame if I had to get my ring resized to a bigger size. If anything, I would rather lose enough weight for it to be almost too big!  I know if I stick to the eating healthy plan I will be able to wear that ring again with pride!

RANT OR RAVE

Last month we decided to downgrade our satellite package as we were trying to make some cut-backs on expenses (since I am making half my usual income being on parental leave). When we did this, the satellite company also cut off the TV on the main floor completely (which we originally only put up there for when Maya was born 'cause we knew we wouldn't be using the basement a whole lot). Now we can only watch a few basic channels in the basement, and honestly, with taking care of Maya during the day I just never go down there anymore. So basically I just haven't watched TV in the past month. I told my husband we should just cancel the satellite altogether at this point cause we aren't even using it. 

I would have to say, although I enjoy watching TV it has been very refreshing to cut it out of our lives. It was beginning to become a habit to just have the TV on in the background all the time anyway. Now our days are filled with peace and quiet, and we are actually more productive in getting things done around the house, etc. It has also really allowed me to stick to being more active in general. Sure I enjoyed watching Grey's Anatomy and The Office. The home channels and women's network always kept me occupied while I was nursing. 



Nonetheless, I have found that I don't really miss it at all. This isn't the first time we have gone without TV. When we first moved to this house a few years ago it took three months to get satellite hooked up. I'm not gonna lie to ya, the internet has been used a bit more but nothing compared to the TV watching. Also, I love to read and I find that I am reading books now within a few days at a time (as I tend to read now when Maya is eating, not just before bed).  So I would have to say I love that we don't have TV right now - less distraction in our lives keeps me focused! Besides, it's summer. Who wants to be sitting on the couch all day!


NOTE TO SELF



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...